Coconut oil is a superfood with highly versatile uses. It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. There are numerous health benefits to consuming coconut oil with the major benefit being improved metabolism and absorption of nutrients. Here are 5 ways of using virgin coconut oil:
1. Consume it as a dietary supplement much like fish oil. Here’s one way to try it as a supplement to your diet: http://www.vivianlaw.ca/health-booster-lemon-water-with-coconut-oil/
2. Cook with coconut oil. I use coconut oil in granola, rice, and to cook shrimp. A few recipes are on the website here, please check them out.
3. Treat minor skin conditions by applying coconut oil directly to rashes, dry patches, pimples, cuts, and insect bites. Coconut oil is quickly absorbed and helps speed up healing, as it nourishes the skin.
4. Use coconut oil as an oral rinse to treat oral inflammation like canker sores and irritated gums. Take a tablespoon full, let it melt in your mouth, rinse for a few minutes and expel.
5. Apply coconut oil as a scalp and hair treatment. Coconut oil works very well to ease an itchy scalp. It can also be used as a hair conditioning treatment.